Client Support EngineerBirchwood, Warrington
Competitive salary depending on experience, plus rewarding benefits package
- Are you keen to work for a forward thinking technology company who powers the worlds subscription entertainment systems with tier 1 clients?
- Do you perform well when given high degrees of autonomy?
- Do you have experience of SQL Server Management Studio / T-SQL and managing clients both in conjunction with normal investigations and in support of resolving incidents?
If so then welcome to MPP Global! We are looking for a Client Support Engineer to join our head office in Birchwood, to provide high quality, in-depth technical analysis and supporting information to internal and external stakeholders in the shortest possible time frame, as well as contributing to best-in-class Incident Management resolution.
The key responsibilities of the role will be as follows:
- Provide support to first line analysts to obtain more in-depth information in relation to service requests from clients / partners.
- Provide quality technical information on all client / partner related service requests which are escalated to 3rd line, allowing developers to investigate quickly with an accurate view of the scope and effect of the issue.
- Assistance in the creation and management of stored SQL tools for the use by first line analysts.
- Act as a process owner for system monitors and ensure integration with the wider suite of monitors deployed in eSuite.
- Provide technical expertise when gathering information from clients as to the nature of any data fixes as well as carrying these out with a robust audit trail and in line with company Change Control policy.
- Extract data in support of client / partner queries, to provide an understanding of the background for a given presentation.
- Provide specific data extracts as requested by clients, partners and internal requests.
- Support internal business stakeholders on technical client support activities, including and not limited to on-site client facing meetings and supporting colleagues during off-site meetings.
- Collaborate effectively with business functions across the company in pursuit of high quality and prompt client / partner support.
- The ability to understand and write complex T-SQL queries.
- Support the Out of Hours rota for clients.
- The ability to work well under pressure and continuously prioritise the key critical tasks impacting clients / partners.
- Familiarity with REST API calls as part of investigations would be advantageous.
- Provide pro-active assessment of existing system functions and working processes to identify areas of improvement as part of Continual Service Improvement.
- Provide support to first line analysts through creation of and support with stored Presto SQL queries in AWS Athena, for use in initial triage of service requests.
- Use of T-SQL and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Familiarity with Presto-SQL an advantage, for use in AWS Athena systems.
- Familiarity with Linux an advantage.
- Familiarity with SQL analysis, debugging and trouble shooting.
- Demonstrable familiarity with managing clients both in conjunction with normal investigations and in support of resolving incidents.
- Experience with regular service review meetings and discussing active tickets in support of triage.
Why work for MPP?
MPP Global work well together as a talented and dedicated team. We’re characterised by pace, progress and change, and believe in unlocking everyone’s potential. Above all, we value every contribution our people make towards our clients and reward it.
Learning & Development – We encourage constant learning so you can stay sharp on the variety of ever-changing technology.
Continuous Performance Managing (CPM) – Regular pay reviews throughout the year, mirroring a transparent and clear career structure.
Rapid growth resulting in quick and structured career progression and backfilling.
Health & Wellness – Individual health-care cash plan including dental, optical and more.
Business Park benefits including onsite gym offering classes and free personal training, laundry services, movie nights, onsite discounted childcare, Starbucks, multiple cafés and breakout areas, wellbeing weeks, running / walking clubs, free to use allotments and much more!
Remote Working and Flexible Working Hours to ensure that work / life balance.
Free On-site parking & free access to local public transport.
Friendly ‘People First’ culture with a People team in place solely dedicated to staff, their individual needs and well-being. We roll out Employee Action Group workshops and regular surveys for all staff to voice where improvements can be made, resulting in quarterly focuses.
Holiday roll over.
Monthly / Quarterly / Annual social events including free hot or cold breakfasts for monthly Employee of the Month announcements.