Financial AccountantBirchwood / Manchester
Competitive salary depending on experience, plus rewarding benefits package
- Are you keen to work for a forward-thinking technology company who powers the worlds subscription entertainment systems with tier 1 clients?
- Do you perform well when given high degrees of autonomy?
- Are you seeking a company who actually listens to and cares about their employees from a wellbeing, career development and upskilling perspective?
If so then welcome to MPP Global! We are looking for a Financial Accountant to join our head office in Birchwood/Manchester, working in a very forward-thinking group of companies. This new position has arisen due to the company wanting to bring its transactional and financial accounting and reporting functions in house. At present this is outsourced to the company’s accountants and during the transition period the successful candidate will be working closely with them.
The key responsibilities of the role will be as follows:
- Manage the statutory accounts production and compliance processes ensuring adherence to statutory requirements and deadlines. Manage yearend audit
- Manage the tax compliance processes (for corporation tax, VAT, PAYE & NIC and CIS) ensuring adherence to statutory requirements and deadlines, including liaison with advisors
- Manage and support the Accounts Assistant & Bookkeeper
- Manage and develop finance processes to ensure that robust controls are in place in line with the requirements of the business
- Responsibility for group’s treasury management including administration of accounts and authorities
- Manage the group’s cash transactions and reconciliations within a robust control framework
- Manage the cash forecasting process to ensure that cash is actively managed, including early escalation of any issues
- Manage the group’s fixed asset registers and ensure that all capital expenditure is authorised in line with the delegated authority framework
- Manage the finance system to ensure that robust controls are in place regarding user access controls and segregation of duties
- Supporting the annual statutory audit process and ensuring appropriate backup/reconciliations are provided to support trial balance values and account disclosures, liaising with external auditors as required.
- Preparation of year end audit adjustment journals for input into accounting system, with supporting reconciliations to signed statutory accounts.
- Review of reconciliation methods for relevant accounts with clear recommendations for improvements where necessary and influencing change.
- Agree process of balances write-off with FDs/Client Accounts Manager.
- Maintain a Risk Register of material issues and ensure resolution/actions are taken
- The ideal candidate will be fully qualified with experience ideally gained within a Top 20 accountancy firm. Strong communication skills are essential and competency in dealing with all financial reporting and statutory filing requirements for the business.
- Relevant professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, or equivalent).
- Audit background
- Significant experience in the preparation and/or review of statutory accounts including consolidations
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, modelling and similar)
- Self motivated to produce high quality work to tight timescales
- Excellent team player with clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to influence change and improve processes
Why work for MPP?
MPP Global work well together as a talented and dedicated team. We’re characterised by pace, progress and change, and believe in unlocking everyone’s potential. Above all, we value every contribution our people make towards our clients and reward it.
- Learning & Development – We encourage constant learning so you can stay sharp on the variety of ever-changing technology.
- Continuous Performance Managing (CPM) – Regular pay reviews throughout the year, mirroring a transparent and clear career structure.
- Rapid growth resulting in quick and structured career progression and backfilling.
- Health & Wellness – Individual health-care cash plan including dental, optical and more.
- Business Park benefits including onsite gym offering classes and free personal training, laundry services, movie nights, onsite discounted childcare, Starbucks, multiple café’s and breakout areas, wellbeing weeks, running / walking clubs, free to use allotments and much more!
- Remote Working and Flexible Working Hours to ensure that work / life balance.
- Free On-site parking & free access to local public transport.
- Friendly ‘People First’ culture with a People team in place solely dedicated to staff, their individual needs and well-being. We roll out Employee Action Group workshops and regular surveys for all staff to voice where improvements can be made, resulting in quarterly focuses.
- Holiday roll over.
- Monthly / Quarterly / Annual social events including free hot or cold breakfasts for monthly Employee of the Month announcements.
Follow the link to apply directly.