Financial AccountantWarrington, UK
Are you eager to work within a leading Accountancy role in which you can really shape and make your own?
Would you be interested in joining a forward thinking and leading Tech company who have almost doubled in size in the last couple of years?
Are you keen to upskill and progress your career quickly?
If so, this could be for you!
MPP Global are looking for a Financial Accountant to work in a very forward-thinking group of companies. This new position has arisen due to the company wanting to bring its transactional and financial accounting and reporting functions in house. At present this is outsourced to the company’s accountants and during the transition period the successful candidate will be working closely with them
As our ideal Financial Accountant, you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Relevant professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, or equivalent).
- Audit background
- Significant experience in the preparation and/or review of statutory accounts including consolidations
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, modelling and similar)
- Self motivated to produce high quality work to tight timescales
- Excellent team player with clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to influence change and improve processes
- High level of honesty and integrity
The responsibilities will be:
- Manage the statutory accounts production and compliance processes ensuring adherence to statutory requirements and deadlines. Manage yearend audit
- Manage the tax compliance processes (for corporation tax, VAT, PAYE & NIC and CIS) ensuring adherence to statutory requirements and deadlines, including liaison with advisors
- Manage and develop finance processes to ensure that robust controls are in place in line with the requirements of the business
- Responsibility for group’s treasury management including administration of accounts and authorities
- Manage the group’s cash transactions and reconciliations within a robust control framework
- Manage the cash forecasting process to ensure that cash is actively managed, including early escalation of any issues
- Manage the group’s fixed asset registers and ensure that all capital expenditure is authorised in line with the delegated authority framework
- Manage the finance system to ensure that robust controls are in place regarding user access controls and segregation of duties
- Supporting the annual statutory audit process and ensuring appropriate backup/reconciliations are provided to support trial balance values and account disclosures, liaising with external auditors as required.
- Preparation of year end audit adjustment journals for input into accounting system, with supporting reconciliations to signed statutory accounts.
- Review of reconciliation methods for relevant accounts with clear recommendations for improvements where necessary and influencing change.
- Agree process of balances write-off with FDs/Client Accounts Manager.
- Maintain a Risk Register of material issues and ensure resolution/actions are taken
- The ideal candidate will be fully qualified with experience ideally gained within a Top 20 accountancy firm.
- Strong communication skills are essential and competency in dealing with all financial reporting and statutory filing requirements for the business.
Why work for MPP Global?
MPP Global work well together as a talented and dedicated team. We’re characterised by pace, progress and change, and believe in unlocking everyone’s potential. Above all, we value every contribution our people make towards our clients, and reward it.
Learning & Development – We encourage constant learning so you can stay sharp – you can’t beat the level of investment we place on career development.
Health & Wellness – We provide comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your eligible dependents. We also offer health club membership discounts.
Flexible Working Hours – We offer flexible working to suit an employee’s needs.
Free on-site parking & access to local public transport
Modern offices that offer room for creativity to sit within a very talented technical department
If you feel you think you have these skills and experience required to excel in the role of Financial Accountant we want to hear from you!