Private: Junior Systems AdministratorWarrington, UK
We are recruiting for a Junior Systems Administrator to join our Infrastructure team. The primary responsibilities of this team include:
- The design and build of platform architecture, including Azure, AWS, Redis and our private cloud
- Hosting and reliability assurance of all hosting environments, providing high availability, 365 days, 24/7
- System monitoring and incident management
- The ongoing maintenance of all hosting environments
- Operating within controlled frameworks that include PCI DSS, ISO27001, GDPR.
- Robust preventative maintenance programmes
- Management of internal IT systems (including Office365, networks, telephone, etc.)
Your responsibilities will include:
- Desktop support, as well as 1st/2nd line support.
- Daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Hands-on server administration, installing, configuring and troubleshooting performance and monitoring, pro-actively identifying issues such as security, redundancy, reliability or resource availability issues before they affect the business.
- Pro-active and reactive monitoring, event correlation, and management tools for all IT infrastructure and applications, performing troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Installing new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Providing infrastructure support to development, architecture, product and design teams, as well as internal desktop support to MPP Global employees.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest technologies to maintain a pro-active approach in this rapidly-changing industry.
- Proven experience in either a 1st or 2nd line support role
- Experience of working in a structured, process driven environment
- Strong experience in Windows or Linux
- Experience with VMware, Azure, Hyper-V would be highly advantageous, along with any exposure to network security, firewalls, routers and switches
With offices throughout the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific, we have an impressive track record of maximising customer lifetime value. Our clients include Sky, Specsavers, Daily Mail, and many more.
From our sales team to development team, project managers to support engineers – everyone in our team takes pride in what they do, and we are all driven to help achieve the company’s vision and goals. We pride ourselves in being passionate, innovative, open and honest, and putting our clients’ first.