Senior / Team Lead C# DeveloperWarrington or Manchester, UK
Do you wish to stay hands on development but within a progressive Senior / Managerial role?
Do you have experience in the full development lifecycle, from design through to implementation?
Are you ready to take the next steps in your career in a business where you can truly make a difference?
If so, then welcome so then welcome to MPP Global.
We’re looking for a C# Developer to develop market leading software so this is an ideal opportunity to learn and use a wide range of cutting-edge technologies.
As our ideal Developer, you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Working level knowledge of SOAP, REST, XML-RPC and AJAX.
- You will be looking to develop your knowledge MVC, HTML5 and CSS 3.0
- You will have good communication skills and will operate confidently and professionally in a team environment.
- Enthusiastic, open-minded, positive thinking and delivery focused.
Hands-on responsibilities will include:
- Full life-cycle of software development; including requirements gathering, writing code, testing and liaising with clients and helping them set-up and configure software services.
- You will work closely with our experienced development and quality assurance teams, applying best practice C#, .Net and SQL Server programming using Visual Studio 2010 and .Net 4.0
- You will be working on eCommerce and financial transactional systems, involving highly resilient platforms, all of which are in continual use by high profile companies operating at the top of their game.
- You will have knowledge of multi-threaded applications, IP based server application development, web-based applications, multi-tier applications and service based architecture.
Lead responsibilities (if Team Lead rather than Senior) will include:
- Attend principal meetings
- Team’s point of reference for development design questions and best practices
- Review merge Checklist
- Raise design concerns with current platform and current epic work (pass team’s input on the matter up the chain)
- Mentor new Starters to use the platform, tools, languages, ways of working, processes.
- Out of Hours Shadowing for new starters
- Provide technical support and documentation for new epics to Product Owner and other business stakeholders.
- Schedule meetings (poker sessions, review of work)
- Awareness of Critical Path for work (work to rearrange priority if CP changes and ensure high dependency tickets get done 1st)
- Remind / Enforce the process of Kanban (right to left, comment on stories)
- Enquire / push to resolve blockers (email POs / Management, raise stories/bugs/defects)
- Fill in when manager is away (stand Up, starting meetings)
- Explain and answer questions about ways of working/process
- Tech Forum (Voluntary role)
Why work for MPP Global?
MPP Global work well together as a talented and dedicated team. We’re characterised by pace, progress and change, and believe in unlocking everyone’s potential. Above all, we value every contribution our people make towards our clients, and reward it.
- Learning & Development – We encourage constant learning so you can stay sharp – you can’t beat the level of investment we place on career development.
- Health & Wellness – We provide comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your eligible dependents. We also offer health club membership discounts.
- Flexible Working Hours – We offer flexible working to suit an employee’s needs.
- On-site parking & access to local public transport
- Modern offices that offer room for creativity to sit within a very talented technical department
If you feel you think you have these skills and experience required to excel in the role of C# Developer, we want to hear from you!