Software Delivery ManagerBirchwood (UK) or UK wide
Competitive salary depending on experience, plus rewarding benefits package
- Do you wish to be responsible for technical planning, delivery and software change?
- Do you wish to oversee the design, coding, testing and support of the software?
- Are you ready to take the next steps in your career where you can truly make a difference and shape the business?
If so then welcome to MPP Globa! This role will be to motivate, lead and manage a team of Software Developers, QA’s, and Designers.
As our ideal Software Delivery Manager, you will possess the following skills and experience:
- A good understanding of the development process
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Collaborative approach to working
- Must be able to lead by example
- Solid background in software development
- Constantly strives towards continual improvement
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Experience of line-management required.
- Experience in conflict resolution required.
- Experience of performance management and disciplinary procedures required.
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Keen to share ideas and spread knowledge
- Able to work to tight deadlines while maintaining high quality standards
- Experienced at working within a structured development methodology
- Passionate about continuous improvement Knowledge of design patterns
- Ability to write technical documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Responsibilities will include:
- Motivate, lead and manage a team of Software Developers of all levels
- Ensure the work schedule is achievable and well planned
- Work with stakeholders to manage delivery expectations
- Conduct the daily ‘stand up’ meeting
- Ensure that Software Team understand and are comfortable with the delivery requirements and estimates in each sprint and ensure buy-in at all levels
- Keep the team unblocked and work to remove any blocking tasks and events
- Organise external dependencies as required (such as platform support)
- Ensure regression and testing is planned and actioned when required
- Review process and work to improve efficiency, productivity and the ‘right-first-time’ approach
- Coaches and leads teams in agile practices, continuously reflecting and challenging the team.
- Creates new ways of working and is always innovating.
- Provide succinct updates to senior stakeholders in a way that meets their needs.
Why work for MPP?
MPP Global work well together as a talented and dedicated team. We’re characterised by pace, progress and change, and believe in unlocking everyone’s potential. Above all, we value every contribution our people make towards our clients and reward it.
Learning & Development – We encourage constant learning so you can stay sharp on the variety of ever-changing technology.
Continuous Performance Managing (CPM) – Regular pay reviews throughout the year, mirroring a transparent and clear career structure.
Rapid growth resulting in quick and structured career progression and backfilling.
Health & Wellness – Individual health-care cash plan including dental, optical and more.
Business Park benefits including onsite gym offering classes and free personal training, laundry services, movie nights, onsite discounted childcare, Starbucks, multiple café’s and breakout areas, wellbeing weeks, running / walking clubs, free to use allotments and much more!
Remote Working and Flexible Working Hours to ensure that work / life balance.
Free On-site parking & free access to local public transport.
Friendly ‘People First’ culture with a People team in place solely dedicated to staff, their individual needs and well-being. We roll out Employee Action Group workshops and regular surveys for all staff to voice where improvements can be made, resulting in quarterly focuses.
Holiday roll over.
Monthly / Quarterly / Annual social events including free hot or cold breakfasts for monthly Employee of the Month announcements.
If you feel you’re a good match for this role, please apply directly below.