Software Development ManagerWarrington, UK
Following continued success and growth we are seeking an exceptional and experienced Software Development Manager. Taking full ownership of development projects, the Software Development Manager will be responsible for managing projects within a forward-thinking environment, including managing the daily Scrum’s to ensure delivery is as effective as possible.
The Software Development Manager will have the foresight to understand and improve current processes to ensure delivery of projects are as effective as possible. Working with an already established and growing Technical team, the Software Development Manager will have the ability and confidence to show the team where they are going and bring them along with you for the journey, it is essential that a flexible mindset is maintained with the ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Ensure company and client targets are met, ensure the development and QA work allocated to every sprint is delivered without exception
- Motivate, lead and manage a team of Developers and QA Test Analysts
- Manage short and medium term sprint planning
- Ensure the work schedule is achievable and well planned
- Work with stakeholders to manage delivery expectations
- Manage the current sprint process and the delivery team on a day to day basis
- Conduct the daily ‘stand up’ meeting
- Ensure Software Developers and Software Test Analysts’ are aware of process and organise process training as applicable
- Ensure that Software Developers and Software Test Analysts understand and are comfortable with the delivery requirements and estimates in each sprint and ensure buy-in at all levels
- Verify tickets are prepared correctly before a sprint commences and before they are released to Technical team
- Keep the team unblocked and work to remove any blocking tasks and events
- Organise external dependencies as required (such as platform support)
- Ensure regression and testing is planned and actioned when required
- Manage deployments to various environments
- Review process and work to improve efficiency, productivity and the ‘right-first-time’ approach
- Whilst acting as a mentor to the Development team, other days to day responsibilities will include project management, architecture, recruitment, personnel management and strategy
- Coaches and leads teams in agile practices, continuously reflecting and challenging the team.
- Creates new ways of working and is always innovating.
- Provide succinct updates to senior stakeholders in a way that meets their needs.
Skills & Experience
- Candidates must have a good understanding of the development process
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Collaborative approach to working
- Must be able to lead by example
- Solid background in software development
- Constantly strives towards continual improvement
- Experience of working in an Agile environment