Private: VP, Business Development, RetailWarrington, UK
The primary requirement for the role is to utilise your sales skills, experience and industry contacts to identify, target and solicit new business opportunities within the target sector/s and work closely with various support teams to expand MPP Global’s business. You will be responsible for winning new business nationally and internationally, taking ownership and responsibility for revenue targets.
In order to succeed within this role, you must be an experienced sales professional, driven, self-motivated and a positive team player. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a necessity as you must possess strong presentation, negotiation and influencing skill. If you are competitive and driven by success, then this is the perfect role for you.
In addition to your basic salary, there is a competitive commission structure in place too.
Key Objectives & Responsibilities
- Research and develop your personal knowledge of your target sector/s of responsibility to maintain a deep understanding of all relevant aspects within these sectors which may include identifying key messages, USPs, feature/functionality requirements, particular challenges that prospects are looking to resolve, etc.
- Undertake, direct and support various marketing campaigns with MPP Global’s Marketing team that will ultimately result in the generation of new leads within the target sectors across all target markets.
- Present, demonstrate and articulate the business, the platform, the value proposition and the key benefits to target prospective clients.
- Adopt a consultative led sales approach to understand the needs, requirements, strategic plans, budgets and objectives of prospective clients.
- In conjunction with the pre-sales support teams, write proposals and present solutions that demonstrate and articulate a detailed understanding of the prospective client’s project requirements, and how MPP Global’s eSuite platform will deliver against the specified requirements to ensure the success of the project.
- Work alongside MPP Global’s Channel Partner management team to support and develop strategic alliances with external 3rd party organizations that will benefit the business economically.
- Exhibit and attend trade shows where necessary.
- Develop a strong qualified pipeline within the agreed timeframes.
- Nurture and maintain regular, ongoing communications with prospects within your pipeline until such time as the opportunity is closed.
- Develop propositions, presentations, and reports, as required by the management team.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Proven track record of business development achievement.
- High achiever and able to demonstrate sales success with high-value contracts.
- Experience of multi-level tenders.
- Experience of delivering business development and marketing campaigns.
- Generating new business preferably within the high-end software as a services environment within the Retail
- Knowledge and understanding of CRM, payment services, and eCommerce solutions.
- Ability to carry out and deliver against a business development plan as developed and agreed with the management team.
- First class networker and a confident relationship builder comfortable operating at the highest level.
- Hard worker, motivated, enthusiastic and target driven.
- Team worker in a sales orientated environment.
- The experience and confidence to present to senior business stakeholders within client organisations.
- Time management, constant communication, problem-solving and strategic planning.
- Strong commitment to CRM administration.
- Courteous, professional, well presented and persistent.
- Able and willing to travel.
- Knowledge/understanding of CRM and eCommerce payment solutions.
- Good knowledge of Sales force and Microsoft Office SharePoint.